[OpenLayers-Users] Incomplete msGMLOutput causes infinite loop

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 7 01:46:56 EST 2010

On Wednesday, January 6, 2010, Yves Moisan <yves.moisan at boreal-is.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think I hit a bug in Format/WMSGetFeatureInfo.js.  I have a case where
> a layer returns an incomplete response like :
>
> <msGMLOutput
>          xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
>          xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
>         <stations_layer>
>
> This raises the following error in Firebug :
>
> node.hasChildNodes is not a function
>
> if (node && node.hasChildNodes()) {\r\nWMSGetFe...reInfo.js (line 187)
>
> Googling around, I have found one mention of a similar truncated
> MapServer response [1] but to which there is no solution (at least in
> the thread I looked at).  I also found a related openlayers ticket [2],
> but for WFS.
>
> I know I need to do something about the faulty layer, but in the
> meantime shouldn't there be an exception raised there ?  Pointers
> appreciated.

Yes, I think the format should behave gracefully on such cases. IIRC
with the patch I committed for WFS the format doesn't throw an
exception or ouput an error message, it just silently returns no
features. But I agree it may make sense to warn the caller by raising
an exception or something.

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine