[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo error (Style (undefined) not defined on layer) ...

stela anders stelaanders at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:36:16 EST 2010

Hiii !!

I´m using Mapserver WMS + Openlayers...
I created a WMSGetFeatureInfo control, when I try to use I got that error:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.0/exception_1_1_0.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
<ServiceException code="StyleNotDefined">
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Style (undefined) not defined on
layer.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

My control :

 var _wmsControl = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                    url : _mapfilex,
                    title: 'Click on the map to get information on layers',
                    queryVisible: true,
                    infoFormat: 'application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml'
                });

All layers on my mapfile have Style defined...

Any idea?

Thanks

Stella