[OpenLayers-Users] RE WMSGetFeatureInfo error (Style (undefined) not defined on layer) ...

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Tue Jan 19 14:43:22 EST 2010

In the mapfile, you must define a tolerance and a template for both layer
(Argentina and Uruguay)
TOLERANCE 0
TEMPLATE '../template/query.html'

just add "[oid]" in your query.html for now.
In OL
You are querying every layer with a template. Keep it simple and try first
with one layer
 var _wmsControl = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                   //url : _mapfilex,
                    title: 'Click on the map to get information on
layers',
                    queryVisible: true,
                    infoFormat: 'text/html' ,
        layers:         [YOURLAYERNAME of new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.....]
                });
give it a try...

stela anders <stelaanders at gmail.com>
19/01/2010 02:16 PM

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
cc
openlayers user list <users at openlayers.org>, users-bounces at openlayers.org
Objet
Re: RE [OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo error (Style (undefined) not
defined on layer) ...

Hi Steve...

Mapserver version:
MapServer version 5.6.0-beta4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

One layer definition (Mapfile)

LAYER
        NAME Argentina
        METADATA
            "wms_title"    "Argentina"   ##required
            "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
        END
        GROUP "Test"
        TYPE POLYGON
        STATUS ON
        INCLUDE "Connection.map"  ##MSSQL2008
        DATA "the_geom from viwargentina USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=0"
        PROJECTION
            "+init=epsg:4326"
        END

        CLASS
            COLOR 255 200 255
            STYLE
                OUTLINECOLOR 190 190 190
                WIDTH 1
            END
        END
    END

I´m using GeoExt to be able to use Sublayers, one layer definition :

                new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Country",
                _mapfile, {
                    layers: ['Argentina', 'Uruguay'],
                    format: "image/png",
                    transparent: "true"
                }, {
                    isBaseLayer: true,
                    buffer: 0,
                    visibility: true
                }),

Event to register control:
_wmsControl.events.register("getfeatureinfo",map,showInfo);

Thanks