[OpenLayers-Users] RE WMSGetFeatureInfo error (Style (undefined) not defined on layer) ...

stela anders stelaanders at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:16:12 EST 2010

Hi Steve...

Mapserver version:
MapServer version 5.6.0-beta4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

One layer definition (Mapfile)

LAYER
        NAME Argentina
        METADATA
            "wms_title"    "Argentina"   ##required
            "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
        END
        GROUP "Test"
        TYPE POLYGON
        STATUS ON
        INCLUDE "Connection.map"  ##MSSQL2008
        DATA "the_geom from viwargentina USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=0"
        PROJECTION
            "+init=epsg:4326"
        END

        CLASS
            COLOR 255 200 255
            STYLE
                OUTLINECOLOR 190 190 190
                WIDTH 1
            END
        END
    END

I´m using GeoExt to be able to use Sublayers, one layer definition :

                new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Country",
                _mapfile, {
                    layers: ['Argentina', 'Uruguay'],
                    format: "image/png",
                    transparent: "true"
                }, {
                    isBaseLayer: true,
                    buffer: 0,
                    visibility: true
                }),

Event to register control:
_wmsControl.events.register("getfeatureinfo",map,showInfo);

Thanks