[OpenLayers-Users] Setting the map center with a bounding box?

Atle Frenvik Sveen atle.frenvik.sveen at geomatikk.no
Tue Jan 26 03:46:28 EST 2010

What you can do is use the .getCenterLonLat() method on the bbox you get
from the points. I.e. something like:

var bounds = this.layer.getDataExtent(); //or get your bounds somehow
else
var zoom = this.map.getZoomForExtent(bounds);
this.map.setCenter(bounds.getCenterLonLat(),zoom);

-atle

--
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Geomatikk IKT AS