[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with SelectFeature

Alexander Matheisen AlexanderMatheisen at ish.de
Fri Jan 29 06:14:31 EST 2010

Hello,

I need some help with SelectFeature.

At the moment I'm coding a application called OpenLinkMap.
You can the old version see it under http://rurseekatze.bplaced.net/olm2
This old version uses Layer.Marker.

Now I've some problems with the new version with Layer.Vector. :(
See http://olm.openstreetmap.de

I want to have the same marker/popup-behaviour as in my old map, but I don't
find any way to do this so.
The problem is, that the markers should be opened by hovering only if I stay
hovering the marker. If you click on it, it should be opened.
Sorry, if you don't understand this, please see it in my old map. ;)

But if I put hover into the code, the popups disappear always and cannot be
opened by clicking. If I leave hover out, the popups cannot be opened by
hovering.
Another point is, that clickout doesn't work. So I want popups to close if I
click somewhere else or on the marker again.

Is it possible to combine it, that the behaviour is as I want it?
I already tried this example, which has nearly the same behaviour I want, but
it didn't work:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/highlight-feature.html

Please understand that I've never before worked with OpenLayers.
And of course I'm sorry for my bad English... ;-)

Alexander Matheisen from Germany