[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.layer.Google transparency possible?

Aypes2 apestgas2 at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Mar 10 21:47:10 EST 2010

Hi all,

I use OpenLayers.layer.Google to display the Google street and satellite
map. I want to make one of the google maps to be an overlay and transparent
in order to see their differences. I use Google street map to do this.
I tried to set the opacity: 0.3 to street map. The color of the layer became
lighter as opacity:0.3, but it was not transparent.
So I tried to set transparent: 'true' but it had no influence.

I have written:
     var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Street",
        {minZoomLevel: 10, maxZoomLevel: 18, isBaseLayer: false,
transparent:'true'}
        );
    map.addLayers([gmap]);
    gmap.setOpacity(0.3);

Actually I want to do this:
http://www.kokogiak.com/gmaps-transparencies.html
Is there anyway to do this by using OpenLayers function?

Thanks,
Aypes2