[OpenLayers-Users] How to capture lonlat from GetFeature control/WFS protocol?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 16 02:00:43 EDT 2010

On Monday, March 15, 2010, Zer <zer_matt at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Eric!
>
> I will try your suggestions.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to extend the control in some way, in
> order to capture the lonlat? Since the feature is selected from a point on a
> WMS-layer, shouldn't there be a way to capture the coordinates that are sent
> in the wfs getfeature request?

What would make sense to me is that the GetFeature provides the filter
sent in the request in addition to the received features.

This won't provide the user with the clicked lonlat but with a bbox
(Filter.Spatial) whose center is the clicked lonlat, which should be
ok.

For this I think we need support from the protocols, with read()
attaching the filter to the Protocol.Response object. We also need to
have GetFeature provides the Protocol.Response object instead of the
array of features. This may change the GetFeature API though.

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS