[OpenLayers-Users] Control TYPE_TOOL and trigger event

Frost89 kristian_frost7 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 16:05:06 EDT 2010

You should check if the control has an actual type (using your favorite
debugger). If it is null then it might be necessary to specify the
controltype in the constructor, like this:
new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(vectorLayer, OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon,
{
    type: OpenLayers.Control.TYPE_TOOL
});
In this example my control's type was null by default, so I had to set the
type myself. This could be the same problem you're having.