[OpenLayers-Users] Building Openlayers on Windows - build.py

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Tue Mar 16 07:47:32 EDT 2010

Hi!

I have done some changes to the fiole XMLHttpRequest.js file, and now I want
to build Openlayers (deploy to one OpenLayers.js file) but I having some
problem... I am using OpenLayers 2.8 on Windows2000 and Python2.6. I opened
the cmd and tried this approaches:

- D:\GWT\OpenLayers-2.8\OpenLayers-2.8\build\build.py
I got ImportError: No module named mergejs

This is weird because in the begging of the build.py file I have line
'sys.path.append("../tools") ', so I think the file should be available.

- I copied the file mergejs from tool folder to build folder and try one
again D:\GWT\OpenLayers-2.8\OpenLayers-2.8\build\build.py
I got IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'full.cfg'

This is also weird because it is in the same folder
- I tried D:\GWT\OpenLayers-2.8\OpenLayers-2.8\build\build.py full.cfg
I got IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'full.cfg'

- I tried D:\GWT\OpenLayers-2.8\OpenLayers-2.8\build\build.py
D:\GWT\OpenLayers-2.8\OpenLayers-2.8\build\full.cfg
I got ImportError: No module named toposort

- I copy the file from tool folder to build folder and try again
I got KeyError: 'OpenLayers/SingleFile.js'

What is going on... all I got are errors. Am I doing something wrong. My
python is working fine for sure. So I do not know what is wrong...

Any help, please...
Poul