[OpenLayers-Users] Serialize as GPX

Gilles Bassière gbassiere at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 10:52:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to export a line geometry to a GPX file.

I planned to use the OpenLayers.Format.GPX since it advertises itself as
a "Read/write GPX parser". Unfortunately, I get a weird message in
FireBug when I try to serialize a line feature:
   Security error" code: "1000

I had a look at the code and it seems that the write() method is not
implemented. This causes the parser to fall back to the raw XML
serializer which expects a DOMElement as an argument.

Before trying to code my own write method, I'd like to know if anybody
had already tried to do so and if there is any problem already known
that could hinder such development.

Regards
--
Gilles Bassière - Web/GIS software engineer
http://gbassiere.free.fr/