[OpenLayers-Users] SaveStrategy does not work - WFSProtocol with Vector Layer

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Sun Mar 21 08:17:20 EDT 2010

Hi!

I probably know where is the problem. For sure this is no problem of
Openlayers. This is problem of Geoserver and Postgis

I have create my table from shp file. All the geometry are
Multilinestring... When I try to add new data I got error.
I have made an experiment. I have created new table with two fields: integer
id (promary key) and geometry the_geom. I have created new layer in
geoserver, and then I tried to add data to the empty table from my
application using save strategy.... and it works!!! But the data are saved
as LineString. I gues you can mix linestring and multistring into one
column. I tried to copy one multistring and add it to my new table, but I
got an error when I start my application....

So now what to do??
I have to use linestring?? It does not make any sense. What do you think is
wrong?? Is there a way to force openlayers to save data in multilinestring?
I have all my data in shapefile, then I convert them into database but they
all are Multilinestring... so I have to look for new data... what to do...

Any ideas??
Poul