[OpenLayers-Users] Draw a point and assign a dynamic label to it

Kris Geusebroek kgeusebroek at xebia.com
Wed Mar 24 08:49:49 EDT 2010

Hi Kristian,

You have to do something like this (this function is called in the
onChange of a textbox)

function changeDescription(val) {
	if (popupFeature) {
		popupFeature.attributes.OMSCHRIJVING = val;
		if ((!popupFeature.state || popupFeature.state ==
OpenLayers.State.UNKNOWN)) {
			popupFeature.state = OpenLayers.State.UPDATE;

Popupfeature is the feature that is currently modified
OMSCHRIJVING is an attribute (column in the database)

This way you're label can be rendered with the Style of the layer
automatically and stored in the db

Cheers kris