[OpenLayers-Users] Proxy problem in GetFeatureInfo -nosolution??

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 10:10:53 EDT 2010

Hi Arnd,

Thanks for correcting my errors.
I changed <div id="nodeList">  from <div id="nodelist">

and also

OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML); from  OpenLayers.loadUrl(url,
'', this, setHTML);

But now I am getting an openlayers message which says
"Unhandled Request return not found".

Also I want to use a relative url in order to avoid  a proxy.
But I am not sure how I may convert the following url into a relative one.

http://172.16.0.144:9000/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/newwr1rec.map

Which is the proxy script?
Is it the script in proxy.cgi or the script built into the GFI code
i.e    OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

There are a couple of other things I want to know:
1) Who is calling the proxy i.e apache or mapserv.exe?
2) Where is the proxy located?
3) Proxy as far as I know is required is used to access external url's as
Javascript does not allow that to happen. In may case WMS(hosted by
MapServer) and my .aspx page are on the same machine.
Therefore there is no need for proxy.But I can't find a way to avoid the
proxy.

If proxy is called by apache then I have found a way of avoiding it because
I have found a way of directly calling mapserver from IIS i.e without using
apache. see the link below:

http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2009-April/060795.html
http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2009-April/060795.html

But if the proxy is called by mapserver there is no solution with me for
now.

Thanks again.