[OpenLayers-Users] Basic marker questions

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue May 4 15:12:36 EDT 2010

> Finally, in my initial tests, it seems that the vector shapes experience a
>> lot of "drift" as I drag the map around. My application requires that they
>> be pretty precisely fixed—is there a way to crank up the precision on this?
>>
> This shouldn't be the case, could it be related to this (wild guess):
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WhydontmyvectorfeaturesworkoverGoogleYahooVirtualEarthetc
> .

Okay, yes, I have now got this working, but it's been extremely painful. I
can share my code for others if it would be helpful to do so, but I feel
certain that there must be a better way. It feels extremely hacky to be
constantly loading lat/lon pairs into Point objects, just to "transform"
them to the map coordinates. (Which, of course, the map methods still refer
to and interact with as LonLat objects, even the contents are clearly not
latitudes and longitudes, but another coordinate system altogether.)

Seems like if I pass it LonLat objects, it just know to do the right thing,
as Google does.