[OpenLayers-Users] Points in KML Format (KML mime type in IIS7)

Marjie Anderson marjiea1 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 13:20:24 EDT 2010

Thank you so much for that link!

I did not need it to validate my kml file, but when I typed in my kml URL and got a 404-not found, that told me my proxy was not why I was getting a 404-not found error in my application.  That helped me to track down the error to kml mime type not enabled in IIS7 (windows hosting.)  While my host (GoDaddy) does not allow me to directly add mime types to IIS7, it can be done in the web.config file in my app directory as so:

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=”.kml” mimeType=”application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml”/>

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

Marjie