[OpenLayers-Users] Points in KML Format (KML mime type in IIS7)

Slawomir Messner slawomir.messner at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 10 02:36:19 EDT 2010

Hi,
thanks for the link Carlos. I checked my files and the result is now
"Errors  = 0 Recommendations = 0 Suggestions = 0  The KML file is valid
and complies with best practices.", but the points are not drawn in OL,
except I add the lines from the first mail into the
OpenLayers.Format.KML. Is it possible to add it generally to the
OpenLayer.Format.KML that the radius of point is default 6 or should we
make an own solution by edit the file on every update? It's a similar
behaviour like Google Earth whitch has also an default pin for points,
but in openlayers it's default the default Point (circle with default
radius of 6).
Regards
Slawomir

Am 07.05.2010 19:20, schrieb Marjie Anderson:

> Thank you so much for that link!
>
> I did not need it to validate my kml file, but when I typed in my kml
> URL and got a 404-not found, that told me my proxy was not why I was
> getting a 404-not found error in my application.  That helped me to
> track down the error to kml mime type not enabled in IIS7 (windows
> hosting.)  While my host (GoDaddy) does not allow me to directly add
> mime types to IIS7, it can be done in the web.config file in my app
> directory as so:
>
> <configuration>
>
> <system.webServer>
>
> <staticContent>
>
> <mimeMap fileExtension=”.kml”
> mimeType=”application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml”/>
>
> </staticContent>
>
> </system.webServer>
>
> </configuration>
>
> Marjie

Slawomir Messner
Forschungszentrum "Deutscher Sprachatlas"
06421-28-24981