[OpenLayers-Users] custom bitmap as main background layer

Stephane Poirier stephane.poirier at usherbrooke.ca
Sun May 9 14:00:15 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am using a custom bitmap (878 x 823 pixel) as openlayer main background layer and I get the openlayers map display that I want (http://www.oifii.org/imt/dai/src/2010may31/index_CRCM_POLSTE-BITMAP.html).

I would like to be able to do coordinate (projection) transforms. Provided my bitmap is a stereo polar projection rotated in order to get north america vertical and center to canada, how could I modify my code here below (that works in pixel projection) to work with this specific projection? I need to do this because I want to overlay objects from a layer that I must query in lat lon (EPSG:4326).

My code used to create the default layer is:

minimumdefaultBounds=new OpenLayers.Bounds(0, 0, 1, 1);
defaultBounds=new OpenLayers.Bounds(0, 0, 878, 823);
var options=
{
 minResolution: "auto",
 minExtent: minimumdefaultBounds,
 maxResolution: "auto",
 maxExtent: defaultBounds, //i.e. max bitmap size
 restrictedExtent: defaultBounds, //null to allow panning
 projection: myproj,
 controls: [new OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults(),new OpenLayers.Control.ArgParser(),new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoom()]
};
map=new OpenLayers.Map('map',options);

Regards,

Stephane

Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
3532 rue Sainte-Famille, Apt. 4
Montreal, QC, H2X 2L1, Canada
http://www.oifii.org
stephane.poirier at oifii.org