[OpenLayers-Users] doing a search with a buffer

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 15:10:40 EDT 2010

Hi Roald,

Thanks for your reply.
If I have the center point of the selected region then your code will do the
rest.
But the problem is that when the box is drawn using the GEtFeature control
it is not possible to get center point of the selected region or the bounds
of the selected region.
If either of these were available then it would have been possible to draw a
layer over the selected region.(this is wrt 'drawing a polygon over selected
region').

w .r.t this post I have a structure ID using which I can get the geometry
from the postgres table.Since I get this geometry on the server side I need
to get the other geometries and their attributes on the server side as well.

I am not sure how get feature can help me when my selected geometry is on
the server side.
As far as I know getfeature works only when I select multiple features on a
wfs layer.
Is it possible to pass the geometry to getfeature control and get other
feature details within a certain radius.

Thanks.