[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer performance

fedesan fedesanchez888 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 03:42:01 EDT 2010

Hi list,
I have a vector layer that is generated after a search, like this: the
search returns a list of numbers and those numbers are the id's from schools
in my country, so i do a query to the database and i get the coordinates and
features from those schools,
The layer is created properly but i have this problem: the search can return
a maximun of 15.000 schools but Openlayers home page recommends having only
around 2500 Coordinates

So this is mi cuestion: What's the alternative? I read about TEXT layers and
about GML layers but they keep all the data in the client side(is this
correct??), and that seems to be the problem
I also tried learning about php mapscript, by creating a dynamic layer by
changing the Data value on the mapfile but i do not know how to display that
layer with openlayers
Can i use Openlayers.layer.mapserver to do this??

I use mapserver and postgres.
Can someone point me to the right direction please !!

Thanks