[OpenLayers-Users] hovering-informations after 500 milliseconds

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Mon May 17 08:52:27 EDT 2010

Dear users,

I use a WFS to get informations to an object by hovering a feature like:

my_wfs_highlight = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(my_layer),
hover: true,
clickTolerance: 15
});

...in generally this works finely, but:

If I move the mouse over some features I oftenly get failure messages in Firebug (e.g. "aborted" because the mouse doesn`t stop long enough over a feaure).

I wonder if its possible to send a request e.g. if the mouse is above a feature for 500 millisecondes or so, to avoid these error messages?
Or is it maybe possible to avoid error messages if a request is aborted?

Thank you very much, Kai