[OpenLayers-Users] unselect and move between layers

ngreen n13green at gmail.com
Tue May 18 19:26:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a function that is executed when a user hits a submit button in a
popup form (below). This saves changes both to the map feature and to the
database.

I have 2 problems.

One

My unselect isn't working - here and in other places in the code - but every
other function using my selectedFeature variable works fine.

selectControl.unselect(selectedFeature);

In some cases I want to destroy the feature and redraw it on another layer,
but so far have had no luck using the destroyFeatures function using any of
the various methods I've seen described online.

My variables are:
selectedFeature - the feature
origLayer - layer the feature is currently on
tgtLayer - layer the feature needs to be moved to

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick.