[OpenLayers-Users] renderintent not persistent

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Thu May 20 10:33:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a modified ModifyFeature.handleKeypress function for deleting
features from a layer. There I set the feature's state to deleted just
as I do it with the renderIntent of the feature. Whenever I click into
the map after deleting a feature, it appears back on the map because the
renderIntent is somewhere set back to default. Unfortunately I can't
find where or why.

My code so far (ModifyFeature.prototype.handleKeypress):

	this.onModification(this.feature);
	this.layer.events.triggerEvent("featuremodified",
								   {feature: this.feature});
} else {
	if(confirm("Do you want to delete the selected feature?")){
		var feature = this.feature;
		if(feature.id == undefined) {
			this.layer.destroyFeatures([feature]);
		}
		feature.state = OpenLayers.State.DELETE;
		this.layer.drawFeature(feature, 'delete');
		feature.renderIntent = "delete";

I could set the feature.style to
OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["delete"] and this is persistent, but I
wonder why the renderintent does not keep its state.

Frank

--
Frank BRONIEWSKI

METRICO s.à r.l.