[OpenLayers-Users] GeoExt & OpenLayers, IE8 vs other Browsers

Martin.L hermsdorfer84 at web.de
Thu May 20 10:34:43 EDT 2010

Hi at all!

First of all..yep I know about similar problems in other threads and forums
but I dont find a solution for this problem.
I try to make a GeoExt.Popup with informations from WMSGetFeatureInfo in my
mapping-application. Here is the code for this popup:

// GeoExt Popup II
var featureInfo = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo();
featureInfo.events.on({
    getfeatureinfo: function(e) {
        new GeoExt.Popup({
            	title: 'Feature Info',
            	width: 200,
            	height: 150,
            	autoScroll: true,
            	map: map,
            	lonlat: map.getLonLatFromPixel(e.xy),
            	html: e.text
        }).show();
    	setInfoToDiv(e.text);
    }
});
map.addControl(featureInfo);
featureInfo.activate();

// Method for testing Output in a DIV
function setInfoToDiv(text)
{
	document.getElementById("abfrage").innerHTML=text;
}

For IE8 is everything fine. I get the FeatureInfo in the GeoExt.Popup and
the testing output in the DIV "abfrage". If I test it in Firefox3.5, I dont
get any output. Either the text in the GeoExt.Popup or the text in the DIV.
But I do get the Popup-Window (without any text). If I copy the Request
given me by Firebug in a new tab, I get the Response correctly.

What do I wrong? Any suggestions would help me.

THX
Martin