[OpenLayers-Users] GeoExt & OpenLayers, IE8 vs other Browsers

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu May 20 14:05:36 EDT 2010

To me this sounds more like a same origin issue. Internet Explorer treats the same domain with a different port as same origin:

http://localhost/
http://localhost:8080/

Other browsers don't.

Some reading for the OP on this:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/How+to+proxy+Jetty+through+Apache+on+port+80

Regards,
Andreas.

On May 20, 2010, at 19:48 , cdobell wrote:

> My first thought was that you needed to specify 'layers' and 'layerstoquery'
> parameters.  Maybe IE8 somehow manages to set the top/current layer.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/