[OpenLayers-Users] loading panel question

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Fri May 21 04:02:10 EDT 2010

Hi list

I have been trying to make the loading panel work, as per
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Addins/LoadingPanel but can't seem to make
it work.

I am using OL 2.8  (also tried 2.9 - same problem) which is referenced in my
code as:  <script src="../OpenLayers-2.8/lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>.

I downloaded LoadingPanel.js and put it in the directory
OpenLayers-2.8/lib/OpenLayers/Control.  Then when creating a map I have:

map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

 var loadingpanel = new OpenLayers.Control.LoadingPanel()

                map.addControl(loadingpanel);

This throws an error in Firefox:  "OpenLayers.Control.LoadingPanel is not a
constructor"

The loading panel instructions talk about creating a single file build which
I have not done - is this my problem, or should I be able to make this work
with the OL 2.8  development libraries?

Chris