[OpenLayers-Users] Large Dataset

Yurka yuratsebro at gmail.com
Fri May 21 15:12:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

I need an advice.
I have a dataset of about 1.5Mil locations that i need to display within
OpenLayers.

Also currently i'm displaying results as a WMS layer at the moment (there is
geoserver running in the background). There are number of filters that i'm
applying to minimize number of returned results.
Still i see anywhere from 5 - 15 sec delay before my layer is rendered, I
assume mostly because of the searching the dataset. This is a temporary
workaround since in few weeks the 1.5 Mil number will be more like 5-10 Mil.

Is there a better way to search / display  such a huge dataset ?
Maybe OpenLayers can handle this amount of info without geoserver help.

Thanks,
-y