[OpenLayers-Users] how to choose layers and "tile is undefined" error

Alberto Valente alb.valente at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:11:50 EDT 2010

Hi, I'm working with OL and arcIMS.
Actually I can connect to arcIMS server but cannot load the layers I need.
Here a snippet of my code (copied from examples)

[..]
layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcIMS(
            "Global Sample Map",
            "http://www.mydomain.com/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap",
            {
                serviceName: "myService",
                layers: [
                    // layers to manipulate
                    {id: 2, visible: true},
                    {id: '5', visible: true},
                    {id: "11", visible: true},
                    {id: 12, visible: true}
                ],
                async: true
            }
        );
[..]

I know this service has layers with IDs from 0 to 15. Some are image layers,
others are featureclass.
In my browser I see only one layer, and it is the only layer which hasn't a
numeric id but a textual id.
Looking at firebug console I get "tile is undefined" error

Can someone help me with this issue?
How can I set visible layers?

thank you
Alberto