[OpenLayers-Users] messageRequest method 'DELETE' not supported

giraam sdjbm17 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 17:23:39 EDT 2010

Hi!

I'm trying to save changes that were made on a vector layer but when I click
the save button I got this on Firebug:

HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'DELETE' not supported

type Status report

messageRequest method 'DELETE' not supported

descriptionThe specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested
resource (Request method 'DELETE' not supported).

I'm having this code (the following is just a fragment, if needed more
please ask!):

var saveStrategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save();
saveStrategy.events.register('success', null, saveSuccess);
saveStrategy.events.register('fail', null, saveFail);

function saveSuccess(event) {
    alert('Changes saved');
}
function saveFail(event) {
    alert('Error! Changes not saved');
}

function dataLoaded(event) {
        map.zoomToExtent(event.object.getDataExtent());
}

pdv = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Puntos de Venta", {
        styleMap: myStyles,
        eventListeners: {
            "featuresadded": dataLoaded
        },
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed(), saveStrategy],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
            url:
"http://server:port/geoserver/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=GestionComercial:pdv_new&maxFeatures=1000&outputFormat=json",
            format: new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON({
                ignoreExtraDims: true