[OpenLayers-Users] Self created BING Tiles

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Aug 11 07:30:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

the easiest is probably to use Layer.XYZ with a custom getURL method that you can copy over from Layer.Bing.

If the Bing tiles structure is becoming more common, we should perhaps create a new Layer.BingTiles class which has this getURL method already.

Andreas.

On Aug 11, 2011, at 10:37 , Budschedl Harald wrote:

> Hi guys and gals!
>
> I am currently creating my own tilecache. For this I use the WebMapTiler engine from FME, which creates the tiles in BING format. After a bit toodling around with the setting, the tiles are created for 19 zoomlevels and in 640*640 pixel size. They are at the moment still created but what I from see, they look ok.
> Having such a tilecache in a directory, shall I rather use
> „new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS“, or
> „new OpenLayers.Layer.XYZ“, or some BING Layer…??
>
> I just wanted to check with you before wandering off into the wrong direction ;) …
>
> TIA for any hints!
> Cya,
> Harry
>

> Diese Nachricht inklusive aller Anhänge kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sie ist ausschließlich für die adressierten Personen bestimmt. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe sind nicht gestattet. Sollten Sie nicht die richtige Adressatin/der richtige Adressat sein, vernichten Sie den gesamten Inhalt (§ 93 Abs. 4 Telekommunikationsgesetz 2003) und informieren Sie bitte sofort den/die Absender/in. Nähere Regelungen zur elektronischen Kommunikation mit der Stadt Linz finden Sie in den "Allgemeinen Hinweisen und Nutzungsbestimmungen betreffend das E-Government der Stadt Linz (e-linz)" (http://www.linz.at/images/AGB_egov_2008.pdf )
>
> IKT Linz GmbH, Firmenbuch des Landesgerichtes Linz ++ Firmenbuch-Nummer: 321197z ++ UID-Nummer: ATU64636344
> IKT Linz Infrastruktur GmbH, Firmenbuch des Landesgerichtes Linz ++ Firmenbuch-Nummer: 321990s ++ UID-Nummer: ATU64664303
> A-4020 Linz, Gruberstraße 42, Tel. +43 732 7070 0, Fax: +43 732 7070 54 1555, office at ikt.linz.at, www.linz.at/ikt

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/