[OpenLayers-Users] need advise on suggested architecture for map with POI editing option

buzibuzi jobs.franklin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:56:23 EDT 2011

Hi,
im developing a website app with user accounts and a map that will have an
option for users to add and edit POI's with a bit of data associated to it.

i would like to be able to use this data outside of the map too.
what would be a recommended route ?

openlayers + FeatureServer ? like this demo
http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga-fs/ ?
i'm more familiar with MYSQL and it would be easier for me to create complex
queries on this data later on and cross reference it with USER ACCOUNTS and
PERMISSIONS.
can the FeatureServer be used for this purpose ? if so do you have examples
?

if not, are there other solutions that enable me to edit the data using JSON
PHP and MYSQL, at least some examples ?
Thanks