[OpenLayers-Users] SVG in Firefox problem

Rainer Spittel fb3rasp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 16:39:47 EDT 2011

Hi there,
I have a specific problem in Firefox when using SVG for rendering vector layers.
I use the graphic-name example and can render the symbols in Firefox,
like the cross, rectangle, without any problems.
As soon as I add a basetag, which refers to a different location, i.e.
the parent folder, the SVG render is rendering circles only. All other
symbols are disappearing.
I need to change the basetag because I load OpenLayers into an MVC
framework which by default, sets the base-tag to the root folder of
the app.

For example, the project-map is a page in a sub folder under
'myprojectname' but the base-tag refers to the root directory of the
entire project.

<head>
  <base href="http://localhost/myprojectname/" />
  <title>Project Map</title>
  <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />
[...]

I assume that this is more a SVG - Firefox issue, rather an OpenLayers
issue, but I wonder if somebody else came across the same issue and
has a solution for me.
Thanks,
Rainer