[OpenLayers-Users] Need several tools-possible in OL?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Feb 17 17:22:41 EST 2011

We've been struggling with some issues on MapServer applications, and
are looking at possibly moving over to Open Layers for our applications.
I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm a total newbie with OL.  I know
there is quite a code base out there already which would be a valuable
resource.

I have a short list of tools or functions that we specifically need in
our apps.  Could anyone tell me if these are possible or have already
been tried with Open Layers..?

Select a feature interactively, return attributes

Create a buffer on a selected feature, then perform spatial query to
determine what features are in the buffer

Query by attributes

I have been looking in the code samples and found some of what I need,
but not sure about the items listed above.