[OpenLayers-Users] Need several tools-possible in OL?

Diego Guidi diegoguidi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:39:31 EST 2011

> Select a feature interactively, return attributes
yes, of course, using wms (or wfs for a better, but slower, experience).

> Create a buffer on a selected feature, then perform spatial query to
> determine what features are in the buffer
AFAIK you must need a server/db operation: I've developed operation
like these using custom server code that accepts geojson from
openlayers, uses spatial db functionalities to elaborate query and
then returns geojson

> Query by attributes
see above, or some examples using openlayers + geoserver + CQL