[OpenLayers-Users] Design suggestions for Interactive map!

Alexander Petkov greenkov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:09:49 EDT 2011

Since the combobox select will change the bounding box for the map,
it's probably enough to monitor the current map extent changes as the
event-based criteria for generating your stats. You can use Ajax call
that sends the current map extent, do totals and to get json records
(definitely not static), and then update your table.

Your requirements sound reasonable and very much doable.

Alex