[OpenLayers-Users] Converting LatLng coordinates to point shapefile.

Alessandro Ferrucci alessandroferrucci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:39:52 EDT 2011

I would use GEOTOOLS to read those coordinates, reproject them (if needed)
and write them to a shapefile.  GEOTOOLS has everything you would need to do
that job and it's actually a fairly simple program to write using GEOTOOLS.
If you need pointers/help in getting started with GEOTOOLS I'm more than
willing to help you if you want.
Thank you,
Alessandro Ferrucci

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> You should do this in a GIS tool - normal procedure would be import as
> text file and save as shape file. However, first you need to choose your
> poison when it comes to a GIS. A lot to choose from.
> It possible OGR tools might do the job too.
>
> --
> Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
> Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477
> 5232
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

Signed,
Alessandro Ferrucci