[OpenLayers-Users] measure Control and Internet Explorer

Wolfgang Wasserburger geos at wasserburger.at
Tue Mar 29 21:31:10 EDT 2011

Dear List,

I googled for some hours, but couldn’t find a solution;

I included a measure Control in my Scripts (http://www2.plan.at/dev) and it works exactly as described with Firefox, but with Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 this doesn’t really work. While the sample works fine my script fails in firing the partial measure control events. So the measured line gets painted after the final double click and not before.

Alternatively the line is drawn when someone presses the control key while clicking the second until the last but one point. This seams not really user friendly.

I tried to change some things in the configuration of the control, but seem to miss some useful information.

Had anybody similar problems and is able to help?

OpenLayers is 2.10

Thanks in advance

Greetings from nightly Vienna

Wolfgang