[OpenLayers-Users] Tiles always missing when rendering app

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 15:07:17 EST 2011

Hi,

I´m a having some issues with my application - http://maps.zgb.de/www/eeg/lws.html

Whenever I render an area there are always 3 or 4 Tiles which are not rendered and stay pink. This is even though I have the following code in my Javascript before the Ext.OnReeady(function){
// Avoid pink error tiles
OpenLayers.IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS = 3;
OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor = "transparent";

Ext.onReady(function() {

This doesn´t seem to work....but the question still remains..why are the tiles not being rendered? Is this due to server performance or is something else happening?

What are the usual suspects for aborted tiles?

I am running geoserver on linux ubuntu with tomcat6. The wms is not running through geowebcache because gwc doesn´t print! The tiles are only rendered from zoom level 13, but even so the performance is abysmal.

thanks for any advice,

Rob