[OpenLayers-Users] KML rotation

Zybotix Zybotix zybotix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:10:34 EDT 2012

I am having a problem with getting rotation to work within KML. I am
generating my KML using mod_wsgi Python script. I have a simple circular
icon, and would like to have it rotated on a map according to a direction
of travel. I would like this to be done on the backend by Python rather
than having to write javascript code to do it. Is this possible using KML?
I have seen few examples of it, most of which are done in javascript and
some in KML but for Google Earth. Thanks for your help. Here is the output
code. I have tried placing the rotation in the Icon style, for the point,
etc, nothing seems to work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
<Style id="thinRedLine">