[OpenLayers-Users] elevation profile using canvas

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:41:23 EDT 2012

I was trying out the code from http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/canvas/openlayers/examples/elevationCanvas.html on my own setup. It seems that canvas implementation is not available in my standard-issue OL 2.11.

Calling `this.layer.getPixelDataForViewPortPx` croaks with "not a function" message. While I don't really want the RGB values under the mouse in this case (I want the actual height values), I am eager to see this work because there are other instances in which I can imagine using such a functionality.

Suggestions?

--
Puneet Kishor