[OpenLayers-Users] Transform Points Help

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 1 05:10:23 PDT 2012

Hi Riaan,

   In the console, if you inspect OpenLayers.Projections.transforms,
you'll see which projection codes are natively supported in OpenLayers.
If yours is not there, then you need to include the Proj4js library and
add the ones you want :
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4js/wiki/UserGuide

HTH,

Alexandre

On 12-08-01 07:42 AM, Riaan Lombaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some transformation advice.
>
> Running this script in Firebug.
>
> "
>
> var point = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(128.627103622948,
> -15.8249150838119);
> var point_transformed = point.transform(new
> OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4283"), new
> OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4269"));
>
> console.log(point);
> console.log(point_transformed)
>
> "
>
> What happens is the data I am getting is from `GDA94 (SRID 4283)` and
> I need convert it to ` WGS84 (SRID 4326)` for the map base layer I am
> using ` http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0`
>
> But looking at the example it does not seem to convert anything, the
> x,y stay's the same?
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Riaan

Alexandre Dubé