[OpenLayers-Users] Weather forecast layers in WMS for easy display with OpenLayers

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Tue Aug 7 07:29:07 PDT 2012

Hi list,

The Meteorological Service of Canada is currently proceeding to public
trials of a new service to offer the Canadian weather forecast layers in
WMS. Anyone using OpenLayers can easily overlay these WMS layers on
their web maps.

Some of those weather forecast layers cover the whole globe and other
layers at higher spatial resolution cover North America. A current
public example of the use of these global layers is found on
OpenWeatherMap.org (e.g. such as the precipitation, clouds and weather
radar layers).

I invite anyone from the list interested in getting access to these
weather forecast WMS layers and participating to this public trial to
contact me directly by email. Please shortly introduce your intended use
of those layers. The official launch of these services is planned for
later this year.

Regards,

Alex
--