[OpenLayers-Users] addUniqueValueRules causes feature to disappear instead of changing it's style

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:46:11 PDT 2012

Hello!

I'm having difficulties to understand how addUniqueValueRules is applied.

http://poab.org/openlayers/stylerule.html fetches data from a GeoJSON-file
and draws a point and a line according to the styling in styleMap.

My goal is to have the Point and the Line drawn in different colors. To
achieve this goal i try to add a "Unique Value Rule" with the property set
to "fid" and a symbolizer matching the value "999", which should draw the
strokeColor of the point as green when selected.

However, the Point simply disappears when selected.

I've been banging my head against this problem for hours, i just don't see
why the rule doesn't seem to match any attribute i try to feed it, while
the attribute exists in the vector-object i'm matching it against.
I also don't understand why the feature i'm selecting actually disappears -
if the rule does not match, the selected feature should actually not be
changed?!

How can i debug the addUniqueValueRules-function?

I'm not asking to solve the issue for me, but if anyone could take a look
at my example and help me understand where i'm misunderstanding the
concept, it would help me sleep better tonight :-)

Best regards,
Christian