[OpenLayers-Users] Catching JSON

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Aug 20 21:35:53 PDT 2012

I have no idea how you debug into a python script running on CGI but  I
wonder about '../cgi-bin/proxy.cgi'. My understanding is that ../ would
break same-origin for ajax. I think you should have /cgi-bin context and
that line should be:
OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url="
  This is an apache setup. You should have a ScriptAlias in the apache
httpd.conf file and proxy.cgi should be in whatever directory is pointed
to by the /cgi-bin/. On my apache test setup the line is:
     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

You can check your script is doing the right thing by looking at the net
calls in firebug.

Just rummaging in apache, and I realise that if you have mod_proxy
module you should be able to set up an alias via ProxyPass as another
way but I havent actually used this for openlayers stuff.