[OpenLayers-Users] fontSize overwritten in renderer

Paw3l goghi at o2.pl
Mon Aug 27 13:11:40 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have some vector layer defined in the following way:

            var vectors = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("GML", {
            	renderers: ["Canvas", "SVG", "VML"],
                styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({'default':{
                    pointRadius: 0,
                    label : "\${name}",
                    fontColor: "#0066CC",
                    fontSize: "18px",
                    fontFamily: "Courier New, monospace"
                }})
            });

I can see that my fontSize for this layer is unheralded: no matter if it is
set as "18px" or "26px" or whatever else it is displayed always in the same
way. Interesting this is that when I comment the line

renderers: ["Canvas", "SVG", "VML"],

out the fontSize value seems to work properly.

I suppose the fontSize is somehow overwritten in some renderer like Canvas.
Is this possible? Could anyone tell me where should I look for it?

Kind regards,
Pawel