[OpenLayers-Users] WMSgetfeatureinfo - only one nearest feature of several layers

Morper-Busch, Lucia Lucia.Morper-Busch at sbg.ac.at
Tue Aug 28 03:42:32 PDT 2012

Hello Openlayers Users,
I'm using OpenLayers 2.11.
With the WMSGetFeatureInfo-Tool I want to catch features of several
layers but always only one feature per layer (the nearest to the
clicking point). Of each layer I take the first feature for my infobox.
The problem is that sometimes more than the default 10 features are
catched and so not all layers are represented. The list is cut after the
10th feature also when there are other layers with features in the
clicking area.
With "maxFeatures:1" I get only one feature at all.
But with "maxFeatures:20" I get too many features that it seems not to
be correct to take simply the first feature of each layer. Maybe it is
not the nearest?
Does anybody know exactly how the GetFeatureInfo Request works and how
to achieve reliably the objective to catch one nearest feature per
layer?
Thank you and best regards
Lucia

Dipl.-Geogr. Lucia Morper-Busch | Researcher
University of Salzburg | Department of Geoinformatics - Z_GIS
Schillerstr.30 | Techno-Z, Block 15, 3rd floor, Room 320 | 5020
Salzburg, Austria
Phone +43 (0)662 8044 7598 | Fax +43 (0)662 8044 7560