[OpenLayers-Users] How to make OpenLayers.Popup draggable?

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Tue Aug 28 08:31:18 PDT 2012

On 8/28/2012 4:01 AM, Yasemin YILMAZ wrote:
> I've used jquery-ui draggable option as following but the moving popup
> can not be ended once dragging has started. Is there any another method
> to make OpenLayers.Popup draggable?

I would lay down a Marker along with the Popup, and put a drag handler
on the Marker, which would reposition the Popup. Drag the marker, the
Popup moves.

It would be easy that way, and I suspect that moving a Marker is a more
expected behavior to end users, than being able to drag a Popup.

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org