[OpenLayers-Users] Detect geometry type of a wfs layer

Lucas Heezen - Covadis Heezen at Covadis.nl
Wed Aug 29 23:59:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm building a application which can draw features. But the handler selected for the drawing is dynamic by its layer. So it could be a mulitpoint, multipolygon etc.
Is there a way to detect the geometry type of a WFS layer?

I did a descriptFeatureType but this gives me only this:

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="geometrie" nillable="true" type="gml:GeometryPropertyType"/>

Met vriendelijke groet,
Lucas Heezen

Covadis b.v.
t: 026 3616600