[OpenLayers-Users] The edges of my map get cut off

Arvin arvinporthog at lycos.com
Fri Aug 31 14:06:39 PDT 2012

I know next to nothing about OpenLayers but I've managed to learn just barely
enough and copy other peoples code just enough to cobble together a fairly
functional interface. I don't even know enough to phrase my question
intelligibly.

So I'm using OpenLayers with Geoserver to serve out simple non-georeferenced
maps. No fancy added layers - I'm essentially just using the setup as a pan
and zoom tool, nothing more. The documentation is overwhelming for such a
simple task. Anyway, here's my problem. When I display my map I can't drag
it to the far left or the far right of my bounding div. It's like a third of
the way to each edge there's an invisible wall and I can drag no further.
The problem is that as I zoom in the map the edges get cut off and there's
no way to view the top or bottom of the map anymore or either side.

You can see the problem here:
http://ucblibrary4.berkeley.edu/~apollock/mad/collections/histopo

Where should I start looking to solve this problem? Can any kind person help
out a newbie?

Arvin