[OpenLayers-Users] Re: A LOT of features

Tondo gpktondo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:19:33 EST 2012

Thank you very much.

I'm affraid, my data are vast. I mean, data are measured with a maximum
deviation of two meters. My data consists of 50 thematic layers - small town
- so that means there are realy A LOT OF verticies.

I presume that the most suitable rendering method will be SVG2. WFS layers
are published from GeoServer and GeoMedia WebMap Pro. Performance of virtual
drive are two cores (4 threads), 2GB DDR3 RAM. The question is, what is the
fastest browser (FireFox / Chrome).

Using BBox strategy will be necessarily. I must not force user to zoom to
see features/layers, so do you have any other ideas how to speed it up?

Regards,
Tom